Pages - Menu

Wednesday 15 October 2014

The game

Hues and shades; colours and grey
Life is a game, people change and play
Wary and bewildered, I take a step
Love and trust are keys of the game
They smile and hug, they tell tales of myth
I believe, I embrace for I am obtuse

Slowly I realize they played the game
They conquered; they won and left me astray
I begged, I cried for my purpose was their stay
They laughed and walked away
I waited with hope, my eyes going dry
A stranger lent his shoulder to lean and cry

I forgot to cry, I forgot to smile
Scared to walk with the stranger
I sat by the milestone and waited for the change
Life is about building the blocks or breaking it
I decided to block all the way
The stranger broke his way in
He smiled and pulled me out to the road
Neither did he promise nor did he say a word
Here we are walking together
Waiting for the future to unfold!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely, Gayu! Love and trust are so important in life. Someone broke it, and another someone earned it. If not, you wouldn't be walking together at all, haina?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) True! True! Thank you for the comment Leo :)

      Delete

So, what do you think? :)