Pages - Menu

Sunday 16 February 2014

The longing

When tides of memories hit my soul
The endless worry weaves a hole
When memories and reality fight a war
My heart cries for help in despair

I long to see those beautiful eyes
The eyes through which I saw my dreams
A dream of togetherness and love
A dream that remained a dream

Yet grew the desire to be together
The thirst to feel your presence
When life and love met,
Love died a cruel death

I long to hear those naughty talks
The talks that made me smile
A dream so beautifully done
A dream that will remain a dream

Yet I wish I could kiss those warm lips
The craving that seems so endless
An everlasting ruthless pain
A struggle to live life ahead

Days fly and months roll too fast
My heart still longs to see you
For love is not about forgetting
But about living with the memories
For love is not about moving on

But about hoping to see you someday!

8 comments:

  1. Nicely written.. coveys the pain of lost love.. one thing is I feel the flow of the poem has to be little coherent.. keep up the poetry and diction : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lines. touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is so beautiful, it gives meaning and lightens the otherwise a prosaic and mundane life

    "When life and love met,
    Love died a cruel death"

    but still
    "For love is not about moving on
    But about hoping to see you someday"

    these lines are so profound and so true !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! thanks Karan :) that means a lot to me! :)

      Delete
  4. I loved these lines Gayu..

    "I long to see those beautiful eyes
    The eyes through which I saw my dreams"

    Wonderfully Written...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? :)