Pages - Menu

Sunday 21 July 2013

Attraversiamo

This is my favourite word ever since I read Eat, Pray, Love – A book that changed my life in a different way. Attraversiamo means crossing over or passing through in Italian. Every time I am in trouble I tell myself this word and it definitely makes me feel better. I have been hearing about people wanting to commit suicide because of failure in love or studies or career. They feel worse because their life is not all good because of a lousy boss or a career they are not satisfied with. Once a good friend of mine sulked about almost everything in his life, we had met over a coffee after a long time and he was sulking about everything in his life the funniest part is he had a solution to it. So, I told him you know what to do so why are you ranting now?
That’s us, we know what to do, we know where exactly to go and seek help and sometimes we know we should do nothing, sit back, relax and give things sometime and it is going to be fine. But we don’t want to do that. We want to rant, cry, get irritated, curse our fate, lose faith in God and what not. Oh my God! What are we humans! Such complicated creatures ourselves and then we talk about the things that are actually very simple and say it’s very complicated. Well you know what is complicated? You, your thoughts and your mind that can never be controlled J
So today say Attraversiamo! Say, I am going to get over this failure and be successful one day. I am going to cross over this break up and find someone better. Remember, the pain that you are going through now is going to teach you something. It is going to make you wiser, stronger and most of all it is going to teach you where to direct your love. It will make you a different stronger person. So go through it, let it be. If you are sad, be sad. If you are crying, cry. If you want to pound your head against the wall, do so. But go through it Inorder to come out of it. A friend of mine taught me to say “let it be” for everything. When I am sad or irritated or frustrated and tell him. He says let it be. I give him a long stare but he ignores it and says, “Go through it because once you have come past this phase of your life you would have learnt something.  Something that will make you mature. True. Today I am a bundle of pain, hurt, betrayal and ignorance. People have taken my love for granted and betrayed me in ways I could not imagine it came from the person I trusted the most. But he taught me not to rely completely on someone give them so much love that they take you for granted and finally betray you. So you will learn your lesson too maybe not now but sooner. Be there to learn it. Be there to cherish it and move on!

Next time, you are in trouble, pain, heartbroken, irritated, angry or frustrated. Stay calm, do not react, take a deep breath and say my favourite word, “Attraversiamo” I will cross over! J

1 comment:

  1. I havent read Eat,Pray,love yet. Is it any good?
    And Let it be is just the thing to say in such situation! I am always reminded of the Beatles song over it-
    "When I find myself in times of trouble
    Mother Mary comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be
    Let it be, let it be
    Let it be, let it be
    Whisper words of wisdom
    Let it be"
    I was actually singing the lines as i typed them! :D
    You have a really wise friend :)
    And this is a really inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think? :)